Review: The Interview

The art of honey potting, and honey dicking.

Aaron Rapaport (Seth Rogen) is a producer on a popular Entertainment Tonight type show staring the slightly dimwitted Dave Skylark. (James Franco) Upset that his peers aren't taking him quite as seriously due to the nature of his show, that is about to change when they find out North Korean leader Kim Jung Un (Randall Park) is actually a huge fan. They are set to conduct an interview with him, but before they go, the CIA intercepts them and wants them to take him out.

Unless you've been living under a rock for the past month, you know the drama surrounding this film. Luckily for us, the film was released and we can finally see what all the fuss was about. I admit, I never had the highest expectations for this film, despite being a huge fan of both Franco and Rogen. Most of the comments I saw from people around the web called it "terrible" and "a huge waste of time." I disagree on both parts. It's not the best comedy out there, but it still has some funny parts. Actually, a lot of it was hilarious. Stupid, but hilarious.

The film is pretty ballsy. When I first heard about it, I was shocked they didn't go the route of The Great Dictator and change Un's name. I like Franco and Rogen's style. They made an amusing comedy, and I'm glad Sony at least released it online and in some theaters and didn't bitch out completely like we all thought they would. 

Recommended: Yes

Grade: B-

Memorable Quote: "It's like Spike Lee came out as white!" - Dave (James Franco)

Comments

  1. I feel like I have no excuse not to see this already! UGH, I really want to. Maybe tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it! I feel like the reviews are kind of harsh. It's what I expected from a Rogen/Franco comedy.

      Delete
  2. Nice review here, we're pretty much in line about this one. The CIA briefing scene killed me. When Franco laid out his plan to "go in like a GANGSTER"... easily the film's highlight for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that. I liked the whole "honey potting" sctick they had going on throughout the film too.

      Delete
  3. glad to hear this is at least worth watching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think so. Hopefully you do too if you see it.

      Delete
  4. I should've known you would watch this too!! I loved it. I like James Franco's type of humor. His reaction to Eminem was so damn funny. "They hate us cause they ain't us".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ain'ters gonna ain't! I loved that Enimem interview. That was gold.

      Delete
  5. Great review Brittani! I'm glad it at least was worth the watch. I had very low expectations for this film. But then again, I'm not a Franco or Rogen fan. I'm a little "franco'd" out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not sure what to expect anymore, but I'll probably check this out soon, since I'm a Rogen fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it. It definitely isn't one of his worst.

      Delete
  7. So glad you liked it! I thought it was super funny and quite ballsy. And the soundtrack was bitchin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the official sountrack included Franco singing Firework.

      Delete
  8. I was curious about this one -- y'know whether it was worth an international incident and all that. :-) I have a feeling it isn't my cup of tea, but it does sound like it had some good moments. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good review Brittani. It's not a great movie, but it's still a funny one that did the ticket. Meaning, it made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. It's not like I sat through it without any laughs at all.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum