How did I do with my must see 2014 films?

I hope everyone has a fun and safe new years eve tonight! This is how I fared with my must see movies of 2014.

9 A's
7 B's
5 C's
1 D (fuck you, Monuments Men!)

Three of the seven films I haven't seen yet got moved to 2015 releases.(The Green Inferno, The Ever After, and Every Secret Thing) Tusk will probably suck, but I still have Eleanor Rigby, Whiplash, and Foxcatcher to look forward to in 2015. 


1) Interstellar (B+)
2) Captain America: The Winter Soldier (A-)
3) Night Moves (A)
4) The Green Inferno
5) Only Lovers Left Alive (C)
6) The Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby
7) Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (C)
8) Maleficent (B)
9) 22 Jump Street (B-)
10) The Monuments Men (D)
11) Gone Girl (A+)
12) How To Train Your Dragon 2 (A+)
13) Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (B-)
14) Hellion (B)
15) I Origins (A)
16) God Help The Girl (B)
17) Enemy (A)
18) Frank (C+)
19) Whiplash
20) The Theory of Everything (A)
21) Under The Skin (C)
22) The Ever After
23) Every Secret Thing
24) Guardians of the Galaxy (B)
25) Tusk
26) Nightcrawler (A)
27) Horns (C-)
28) Foxcatcher
29) Birdman (A+)


Comments

  1. You've done so well with this list! And your next year's already looks mighty fine.

    I completely forgot about Night Moves, gotta track it down soon! I'm with you on I Origins by the way, I really loved it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I love it when people like I Origins, the reviews were so mediocre, but it's still one of my favorites. Night Moves is a good one too!

      Delete
  2. LOL, Monuments Men. I will never see it. Like, I put it down on my list of movies to see, mainly because I really wanted to write a bad review about a Clooney film (because I was in my 'Clooney is an asshole' stage), but I don't want to punish myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh God, don't even. It was so bad. It wasn't even amusing bad, just boring.

      Delete
  3. I still have Monuments Men on DVD somewhere on the shelf, but this looks so god damn boring not even the duo of Dujardin and Clooney can make me see it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast is the only reason I didn't give it an F. It certainly deserved one.

      Delete
  4. Nice roundup! LOL, I gave dozens of A's. I think I might work on a new grading system for 2015. Also, I actually liked The Monuments Men, even if it was uneven and not very original. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol the one Monuments Men fan! I've always wanted to do a personalized rating system, but I can never decide on anything.

      Delete
  5. Very nice. Still need to see a number of these myself. Looking forward to them. Well, mostly. Monuments Men has been sitting around near me DVD player waiting for me to watch it for a few weeks, but I haven't mustered up the courage, yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for you to see Boyhood. I really want to know what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully soon. I think it comes on Netflix on Jan 6th.

      Delete
  7. It looks like you knocked it out of the ballpark. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've managed to see 10 of these, and I'm pretty much in full agreement with the scores you dished out. Though I'd take some points off Cap and throw them at Guardians.

    Anyway, nice work as always. Happy New Year! Hopefully 2015 is void of a Monument Men-sized disappointment.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum