Essential Christmas Movies

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday. My family does most of our celebrating on Christmas Eve, so it's bumming around and watching movies for me today. Here's a quick list of my favorite holiday films.


Nightmare Before Christmas
This film works for Christmas and Halloween. I never get tired of watching it. 


Gremlins
This film screams nostalgia for me. I remember having the story on a little record, and I liked listening and comparing it to the movie.



A Christmas Story
HOOOO HOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO



Bad Santa

I worked at a movie theater when this was showing. Our theater was in the mall, and the mall Santa went to the late show in his Santa costume. He loved it. I'll never forget that. 

A Christmas Carol
This story has been done so many times, but my favorite will always be the Disney version. I watched it again with my son a few days ago, it still holds up.

Comments

  1. That's a cool Bad Santa story! My favorite Xmas movies are Love Actually and first Bridget Jones' movie which is set around Christmas at some points of the film. Hope you are having a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a very merry Christmas as well. (I got a Stannis shirt lol)

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with that list. Not a bad one in the bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bad Santa is so enjoyable. Nice list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahah, that's a hilarious story about the mall santa seeing Bad Santa. Great post here, Merry Christmas Brittani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I picture all the mall Santa's loving this film. lol

      Delete
  5. Great list! Bad Santa was a great holiday movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is. That's going to be a classic Christmas film later on. Probably the raunchiest one.

      Delete
  6. One of our family traditions is to watch the 24 hour A Christmas Story marathon. I'm always surprised by how fast that goes by. Great picks and hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Love that Bad Santa story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I watched A Christmas Story four times yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Edward Scissorhands, I forgot about that one. That's a great one too.

      Delete
  9. YES! tho, i can't get thru a christmas story

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, nice choices. I actually haven't seen any of these (in entirety) in years. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mickey Christmas Carol I hadn't seen in the longest time either. That one is never on TV.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum