The Golden Globes: Who will win, who should win.

Let's see how I do on my Globes predictions, hopefully better than I did with the Emmys..

Best Motion Picture - Drama
"12 Years A Slave"
"Captain Phillips"
"Gravity"
"Philomena"
"Rush" 

Who will and should win: 12 Years A Slave. I see no other competition here.

Best Motion Picture - Comedy/Musical
"American Hustle"
"Her"
"Inside Llewyn Davis"
"Nebraska"
"The Wolf Of Wall Street"

Who will win: American Hustle.
Who should win: The Wolf of Wall Street. While I adored both, I preferred WOWS, but American Hustle is probably more universally pleasing, so I see it winning here.

Best Director
Alfonso Cuaron - "Gravity"
Paul Greengrass - "Captain Phillips"
Steve McQueen - "12 Years A Slave"
Alexander Payne - "Nebraska" 
David O Russell - "American Hustle" 

Who will and should win: Steve McQueen.

Best Actress - Drama
Cate Blanchett - "Blue Jasmine"
Sandra Bullock - "Gravity
Judi Dench - "Philomena"
Emma Thompson - "Saving Mr Banks"
Kate Winslet - "Labor Day"

Who will and should win: Cate Blanchett. To be honest, I haven't seen Blue Jasmine yet, but the critics love her and she seems to be the early Oscar favorite.

Best Actor - Drama
Chiwetel Ejiofor - "12 Years A Slave"
Idris Elba - "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom"
Tom Hanks - "Captain Phillips"
Matthew McConaughey - "Dallas Buyers Club"
Robert Redford - "All Is Lost"

Who will and should win: Chiwetel Ejiofor. While he's got some strong competition from Hanks and McConaughey, I see Ejifor taking the win.

Best Actress - Comedy
Amy Adams - "American Hustle"
Julie Delpy - "Before Midnight"
Greta Gerwig - "Frances Ha"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus - "Enough Said"
Meryl Streep - "August: Osage County"

Who will and should win: Amy Adams. Although the HFPA could swing the way of JLD, I see them finally awarding 5 time nominee Adams with a statue.

Best Actor - Comedy/Musical
Christian Bale - "American Hustle"
Bruce Dern - "Nebraska"
Leonardo DiCaprio - "The Wolf Of Wall Street"
Oscar Isaac - "Inside Llewyn Davis"
Joaquin Phoenix - "Her" 

Who will and should win: Leonardo DiCaprio. He definitely gives the best comedic performance of the bunch. I see him winning here.

Best Supporting Actress
Sally Hawkins - "Blue Jasmine"
Jennifer Lawrence - "American Hustle"
Lupita Nyong'o - "12 Years A Slave"
Julia Roberts - "August: Osage County"
June Squibb - "Nebraska"

Who will and should win: Lupita Nyong'o. Why Jennifer Lawrence could sneak in due to popularity, I just can't seem them overlooking Nyong'o stellar performance. Especially when I expect 12 Years to win in multiple categories.

Best Supporting Actor
Barkhad Abdi - "Captain Phillips"
Daniel Bruhl - "Rush"
Bradley Cooper - "American Hustle"
Michael Fassbender - "12 Years A Slave"
Jared Leto - "Dallas Buyers Club"

Who will and should win: Jared Leto. God, this is a hard one. Between Leto, Fassbender and Cooper, I'd be happy with any of them winning, Leto seems the best bet.

Best Screenplay
Spike Jonze - "Her"
Bob Nelson - "Nebraska"
Jeff Pope & Steve Coogan - "Philomena"
John Ridley - "12 Years A Slave"
Eric Warren Singer & David O Russell - "American Hustle"

Who will win: 12 Years A Slave
Who should win: Her. Even though I haven't seen it, it sounds like a hell of an idea and probably deserves it. (A bold statement, I know)

Best Foreign Film
"Blue Is The Warmest Color"
"The Great Beauty"
"The Hunt"
"The Past"
"The Wind Rises"

Who will win: Blue is the Warmest Color
Who should win: The Hunt. I see France getting the love here. The Globes are often wrong in the Best Foreign film category when it comes to the Oscars, and I see The Hunt winning the big one eventually.

Best Animated Feature
"The Croods"
"Despicable Me 2"
"Frozen"

Who will and should win: Frozen

Best Original Score - Motion Picture
Alex Ebert - "All Is Lost
Alex Heffes - "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom"
Steven Price - "Gravity"
John Williams - "The Book Thief"
Hans Zimmer - "12 Years A Slave"

Who will win: The Book Theif
Who should win: 12 Years A Slave. I'm a Zimmer groupie, what can I say?

Best Original Song - Motion Picture
"Atlas" - Coldplay - "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire"
"Let It Go - Idina Menzel - "Frozen"
"Ordinary Love" - U2 - "Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom"
"Please Mr. Kennedy" - Justin Timberlake &co - "Inside Llewyn Davis"
"Sweeter Than Fiction" - Taylor Swift - "One Chance"

Who will win: U2
Who should win: Justin Timberlake. Actually, I don't even care, I just want to see Taylor Swift's loser face again.

Best TV Series - Comedy/Musical
"Big Bang Theory"
"Brooklyn Nine Nine"
"Girls"
"Modern Family"
"Parks & Recreation"

Who will win: Modern Family
Who should win: The Big Bang Theory

Best Miniseries Or Motion Picture Made For Television
"American Horror Story: Coven"
"Behind The Candelabra"
"Dancing On The Edge
"Top Of The Lake"
"The White Queen" 

Who will and should win: Behind The Candelabra

Best TV Drama
Breaking Bad
"Downton Abbey"
"The Good Wife"
"House Of Cards"
"Masters Of Sex"

Who will and should win: Breaking Bad.

Best Actress - Drama TV Series
Julianna Marguiles - "The Good Wife"
Tatiana Maslany - "Orphan Black"
Taylor Schilling - "Orange Is The New Black"
Kerry Washington - "Scandal"
Robin Wright - "House Of Cards"

Who will win: Julianna Marguiles
Who should win: Kerry Washignton

Best Actor - TV Drama
Bryan Cranston - "Breaking Bad"
Liev Schreiber - "Ray Donovan"
Michael Sheen - "Masters Of Sex"
Kevin Spacey - "House Of Cards"
James Spader - "The Blacklist"
Who will and should win: Bryan Cranston


Best Actress - Miniseries
Helena Bonham-Carter - "Burton & Taylor"
Rebecca Ferguson - "The White Queen"
Jessica Lange - "American Horror Story: Coven"
Helen Mirren - "Phil Spector"
Elisabeth Moss - "Top Of The Lake"
Who will and should win: Jessica Lange. The Globes love her.


Best Actor - Miniseries
Matt Damon - "Behind The Candelabra"
Michael Douglas - "Behind The Candelabra"
Chiwetel Ejiofor - "Dancing On The Edge"
Idris Elba - "Luther"
Al Pacino - "Phil Spector"

Who will and should win: Michael Douglas

Best Actress - Comedy TV Series
Zooey Deschanel - "New Girl"
Lena Dunham - "Girls"
Edie Falco - "Nurse Jackie"
Julia Louis-Dreyfus - "Veep"
Amy Poehler - "Parks & Recreation"

Who will and should win: Julia Louis-Dreyfus

Best Actor - Comedy TV Series
Jason Bateman - "Arrested Development"
Don Cheadle - "House Of Lies"
Michael J Fox - "The Michael J Fox Show"
Jim Parsons - "The Big Bang Theory"
Andy Samberg - "Brooklyn Nine Nine"

Who will and should win: Jim Parsons

Best Supporting Actor - TV
Josh Charles - "The Good Wife"
Rob Lowe - "Behind The Candelabra"
Aaron Paul - "Breaking Bad"
Corey Stoll - "House Of Cards"
Jon Voight - "Ray Donovan"

Who will and should win: Aaron Paul. They finally gave him a nom, now they should finally give him a win.

Best Supporting Actress - TV
Jacqueline Bisset - "Dancing On The Edge"
Janet McTeer - "The White Queen"
Hayden Panetierre - "Nashville"
Monica Potter - "Parenthood"
Sofia Vergara - "Modern Family"

Who will and should win: Janet McTeer

Comments

  1. I'm really hoping Cuaron takes director, but the one thing I hope won't happen is Lawence winning. I just can't handle her fanbots flooding every movie award message board whenever she wins and they say 'she is the best actress ever' O_O

    I'm still appalled by the lack of GoT. Damnit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I love Lawrence, it would be a huge mistake to award her over Lupita.

      Delete
  2. Great list of predictions you have listed here. No arguing that 12 Years A Slave will win Best Picture (Drama), As For Comedy. I would vote that Wolf of Wall Street will win. It's the only all out raunchy comedy that is being nominated and I hope it wins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the one I wanted to win most, but I knew they wouldn't jump at it, even though it deserves it.

      Delete
  3. Cate Blanchett is phenomemal in Blue Jasmine, and that is why she should win. I wouldn't mind Bullock winning here either. I believe Her should win head over heels over American Hustle, and I really really want JLD to win over Adams. the supporting male category is very competitive, but i need jared leto to win here (if not, abdi).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Netflix releases Blue Jasmine next week I think, as much as I hate Woody Allen, I will check it out for Blanchett.

      Delete
  4. You're on the spot about 12 Years A Slave
    Personally think Wolf >> Hustle. I'm so mad why Wolf did not get enough love >_<
    Kinda want Cuaron to win!
    Blanchett for the win! definitely! Her performance is stellar!
    I'm torn between the three you mentioned! I do love Hanks tho~
    I'm not sure Hustle was Adams best performance tho, i really hope there's something crazy happening and Greta Gerwig or Julie Delpy would win!
    Leo Di Caprio! Hell yeah!
    Lupita Nyong'o would be a well deserved win. As much as i love Lawrence blindingly it is sooo ridiculous if she suddenly win this.
    As much as i love Leto (finally doing a goood role in a good film) i want Brühl to win this instead >_<
    I really love La Grande Bellezza but it would never win since everyone seems to be so in love with Blue at the moment
    Haven't seen Inside Llewyn Davis or heard the soundtrack but i prefer his win over anything else, altho i wish Frozen would win instead.
    ...and TBBT should win! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dug Adams in Hustle, just having a nomination does a lot for Gerwig, more so than any of the other nominees I think.

      Delete
  5. I think Gravity has a shot for Best Picture and Director. After all, the Globes even gave Avatar those awards.

    If DiCaprio could pull off a win here and at BAFTA, I think he'd have a real shot at winning the Oscar, assuming he's even nominated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You were right about director! Actually, throughout the ceremony I thought Gravity might take Best Pic too.

      Delete
  6. All this does is reinforce that I know nothing. I saw Gravity and Captain Phillips... and that's it.

    Oh wait. I saw two of the three animated movies. Just not the one that'sr going to win.

    I feel like making a Taylor Swift sadface.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All I can say about the best original song category is this... anything to make Taylor Swift feel sad or pissed. She is such a bitch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I used to love her, now I think she's the worst.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, let's talk movies!
(comments are moderated to reduce spam)

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The Batman

Thursday Movie Picks: Wedding Movies

Random Ramblings: The Radio Flyer Conundrum